*In-person congress was canceled and switched to a virtual congress.
The Full Paper Submission for the IFSCC 2020 Virtual Congress Yokohama has been closed on July 28, 2020 (JST).
Thank you very much for your submission.
The Scientific Program Committee is finalizing the guideline for how to upload your oral/poster presentation which will be informed to all speakers once it is ready.
|Abstract submission site opens:
||September 26, 2019 (JST)
|Abstract submission deadline:
||January 10, 2020 (JST)
|Notification of abstract selection results (by e-mail):
||April 30, 2020 (JST)
| Deadline to send full papers (accepted abstracts):
July 28, 2020 (JST)
Full Paper Guidelines
- Authors whose abstract has been accepted will be asked to submit the Full Paper.
- The Full Paper must be in English, completed with tables and figures. The text should not exceed 5000 words (tables, figures and illustrations are not included in the word count).
- Full Papers should be submitted in PDF format; no other types of files can be accepted.
- The submission procedure of Full Papers is as follows:
- Login to your ‘MyLacool’ page with your account ID& Password by clicking the Full Paper Submission button above.
- Click the underlined Abstract number (e.g. a00000) to be found under the menu “Abstract”.
- Make sure that the entered information of authors (top and co-authors) is correct. Modification is available on the site.
*NOTICE: The information entered in the submission system (LaCool) should be identical with the Full Paper (pdf). Make sure that the AUTHORS' INFORMATION (NAMES and AFFILIATIONS) and the FULL PAPER TITLE of the system and the Full Paper(pdf) are the same.
Those information entered in the system will appear in the program list online and on print media.
- Check the information of the Top Author (Speaker) and Co-Author (s).
- Enter your Full Paper title and upload the PDF file.
- If all information you have entered seems correct, click the 'Save' button to complete Full Paper Submission.
- Each author whose paper is accepted for presentation at the Congress must certify that the paper is original and has not been published elsewhere, and will not be published until one month after the Congress. If, however, the paper submitted has been published before presentation at the Congress, information regarding where and when the paper was published must be provided.
- Full papers should not contain commercial trade names.
- The mentioning of trade names of equipment used is allowed unless the intention of the presentation (paper or poster) is to promote use of the equipment.
- Papers based on studies using animal experimentation will be rejected from the final program.
- By submitting the full paper, the Scientific Program Committee of the IFSCC Congress 2020 Yokohama will take this as an agreement to publish the full paper in the proceedings and other related publications, which will be distributed to the participants of the congress.
Please download the Full paper template from the button below and use it for creating your paper.
- It is strongly recommended to create the poster in
B0 side format (H1030mmxW1456mm)
- Hand written posters will not be accepted
- Text must be easily read from a distance of 1.5 m
- All posters must be written entirely in English
- Authors are responsible for setting up and removing their posters
- Materials to pin up the posters will be provided
- The maximum size for poster is 90 cm high and 180 cm wide
Call for Papers: Topic List
The theme for this Congress is “Beauty & Happiness: Pushing Boundaries”, and the following three categories have been created: “Cutting Edge Life Science”, “Future Formulation and Function”, and “Novel Concepts”.
Since ancient times, cosmetics have been used to fulfill the innate desire of humans to pursue beauty. Cosmetics have changed with the passage of time and continue to modify their existence while being closely linked to people’s livelihoods and cultures. For instance, typical cosmetics require the act of topical application. Nowadays, however, there are products that offer different values compared to previous products by combining them with items such as cosmetic devices.
Cosmetics continue to evolve to meet the diverse changing needs of customers over time by expanding technological horizons and by aiming to create new added value through integration of the latest technologies.
Globally, newer technologies such artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), data science, robotics, precision medicine, and regenerative medicine are evolving and being applied at an accelerated pace. Innovation is emerging all over the world. The integration of these cutting-edge technologies with cosmetics will lead to major changes in the future of cosmetics. Literally, we are at a major turning point.
Based on the above concepts, the Scientific Program Committee established the following three categories after meticulous and robust multifaceted discussions about the type of category sessions to be established.
1. Cutting Edge Life Science
With a focus on skin and hair biology, this session will feature the latest insights into the fast-expanding field of life sciences, which includes imaging, genetic, and cellular technologies. With the advent of genome editing technology, hopes are high for being able to realize what used to be considered impossible, and the speed of progress in the field of life sciences keeps accelerating. The areas of latest research that give rise to the fast-evolving new findings emerging from these environments are covered in this section:
*Skin & hair biology
*Influence of external environment on skin & hair
*Safety / alternative methods
2. Future Formulation and Function
This session will focus on integration of the latest technologies, technologies that are created through new points of views such as cosmetic formulation technologies, and the resulting high functionalities.
Cosmetics have continued to evolve in order to always meet the needs of customers. Lotions, emulsions, creams, and the latest cushion foundations and applicators have all been developed based on the perspectives of usability, texture, and stability. These formulation technologies have a positive effect by tapping into people’s five senses and give it emotional value. Furthermore, high functionality in this area is not only about improvements in functions but it also means comprehensive advancements in areas such as assessment technologies that support the evolved cosmetics and methods used in attractively presenting cosmetics. Future efforts that lead to beauty and happiness of customers as described above are covered in this section:
*Formulation technology (including emulsification-, powder-, dispersion-, and surface modification-technologies)
*Fragrance, packaging, and cosmetic devices
*Advancement of analytical technologies
3. Novel Concepts
The last session includes technologies that lead to one-of-a-kind innovative concepts of beauty solutions. In addition to traditional innovation stemming from integration of research in the fields of material science, life science, and humanities and social sciences, a novel concept of customized beauty is emerging, which uses technologies not traditionally used in the field of cosmetics, such as data science, AI, and digital technology. With the backdrop of the unprecedented, fast-paced evolution of technological innovation, innovative cosmetics unimaginable today may exist in 2020. New beauty technology research that transcends the conventional boundaries of life science and formulation technology is included in this section:
*Sensory / psychology research
*Big data / IoT/AI
*Innovative, breakthrough concepts
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and should not exceed 500 words. Tables and figures can be included in the abstract only if they are essential to the understanding of the abstract. Up to a total of three tables and figures can be uploaded as a single document in JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG format, which must not exceed 5 Mb.
- Abstracts describing work using experimentation on animals will be automatically rejected by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Abstracts should describe an original scientific work and must not have been previously submitted to any other conference. All abstracts will be reviewed and a criterion of rejection will be lack of originality.
- Abstracts must include the following:
*Introduction: Stating the purpose or aim of the paper
*Discussion and Conclusion showing the contribution of the work in relation to the state of knowledge in the field
- Abstracts should not contain commercial trade names.
- Abstracts can be submitted for one of the following presentations:
*Oral or Poster presentation (final choice made by the Scientific Program Committee)
*Oral Communication only
*Poster presentation only
- The IFSCC Basic Research Award: awarded to the presenter of the most meritorious podium presentation pertaining to basic cosmetic research at the IFSCC Congress.
- The IFSCC Applied Research Award: awarded to the presenter of the most meritorious podium presentation pertaining to applied cosmetic research at the IFSCC Congress.
- The IFSCC Poster Award: awarded to the author of the most meritorious poster presentation pertaining to either basic or applied cosmetic research at the IFSCC Congress.
Presenting authors whose abstract has been accepted must register for the Congress to confirm their presentation. Failure to register for the Congress will result in the abstract, poster and the author's presentation being removed from the final program.
The Scientific Program Committee does its utmost to ensure that all works are of the highest quality with respect to their contents. Neither the scientific program committee nor the IFSCC can guarantee the accuracy of the data and information given at the time of presentation by the author and/or speaker. The authors are solely responsible for the content of their presentations and their opinions should not be considered those of the IFSCC, or interpreted as an expression of support by its members.
[ Abstract / Full Paper Submission for the IFSCC Congress 2020 Yokohama ]
(c/o Japan Convention Services (JCS), Inc.)
14F, Daido Seimei Kasumigaseki Bldg. 1-4-2,
Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 100-0013, JAPAN